Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Library work? In Ohio?

Well, that fortnight went by quickly. How did two weeks come and go without a post? School work has taken precedence, and the job hunt has been curtailed to approximately two job applications per week. That's not enough to get any hits, and it's certainly a lot less than the eight or nine I had been firing out.

Most of these positions are in customer support (because that's what I had been doing at the amazing Oh, See Hell, See), and I may have applied at one of the Columbus Metro. branches for part-time work. Basically, there are no library jobs available in central Ohio. The job seeker must go back a month or more to find some outdated listings in Granville or Newark. I didn't apply to those: It's not cost effective to drive 38 miles each way for a $15/hr. position. Finding a call center post in Hilliard for $13 is more realistic, and it would cut down on a lot of wear on my car.

Got a job interview (customer support) on Friday, the 25th. I'm optimistic--someone's gotta hire me! Perhaps when I finish my second Master's degree in August, that will help. Good Lord, if getting as much college under my belt as a lawyer doesn't help, I don't know what will.

File under world's grumpiest librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment