Friday, March 4, 2011

Job market for librarians is picking up

...but not for this librarian. Still, more midwestern positions available this week than in weeks past. Indeed.com and LISjobs.com seem to have a higher-than-usual number of listings.

The Columbus Metropolitan Library keeps sending me rejections, but Ohio Dominican possibly could interview me. My hard-earned (unemployment) dollars go there, so I'm hopeful they give me consideration.

And apparently 47 is too old for customer support gigs. I've had three job interviews in the last three months where the hiring manager was a man my age or close to it. Seems to be the kiss of death for a job if someone who is demographically similar isn't interested in bringing you on board. I want to say, "But you're a late-40's, white man, and you get to work here! How 'bout me?"

Thank goodness I get to vent on this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment